Our experienced optometrists take a caring and comforting approach to children’s eye care. During our children’s eye examinations, we use methods that are easy for the child so they won’t feel pressured and can enjoy a pleasant experience. We also offer a range of children’s glasses and our dispensing opticians are happy to help assist with the choosing of frames and lenses.We recommend that your child has a sight test at least once every two years and more frequently if there is a cause for concern.
How Can I Spot a Problem with my Child’s Sight?
Some signs that may indicate a cause for concern with your child are:
• Regular squinting
• One eye turns in or out
• Your child rubs their eyes a lot
• Watery eyes
• Clumsy or poor hand and eye co-ordination
• Your child avoids reading, writing or drawing
• Your child screws up their eyes or frown, when they read or watch TV
• Your child sits very close to the TV or holds books and objects very close to their face
• Your child has behaviour or concentration problems at school
• Unexplained headache
• Complaints about blurred or double vision
If you have noticed any of the above signs with your child, if your child is due a test or if you would like to seek out advice, please don’t hesitate to get in touch and we will do all we can to help.